Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Post-election thoughts

I apologize for being away for so long, but sometimes life just intrudes too much to give me time to post my random crazy thoughts on here.  Now that things seem to have stabilized I hope to have more time to do so.

And so here we go...

The midterm elections were as always very entertaining to watch, and while somewhat disappointed in the outcome, I hope now that things will be less contentious between the despicable D's and the rotten R's....but I'm not holding my breath.

I expect more shenanigans to ensue with the D's trying to slow down the Donald's administration with threats of investigations and possible impeachment proceedings to liven up the last two years of the first term.  Meanwhile, the administration along with the Senate can take advantage of getting more conservative judges appointed to help act as a firebreak against most of the most odious proposals being bounced about.

Locally, the congressional delegation and the state governorship have now gone blue.  Expect more crazy crap to come at the expense of the rural counties here which are still pretty solid red.

I'll say this much: 2019 is going to start off real interesting ;-)

More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment