Sunday, August 18, 2019

Makes you wonder about people and common sense, and the absence of the latter as a desirable quality

So went out to pick up some antifreeze for my lady's vehicle and mine.  On the way back stopped at a convenience store for a soda refill.
I had a 7-Eleven cup with me, and this store was a totally different place.  The clerk called out as I walked in 'you need to tell us when you bring your cup in!'.
Having thought that she was talking to another person in the store, I proceeded to get my refill and came back to pay.  She then repeated the statement, even though it was clearly not their cup, and I did point that out to her.  The lady then stated that it doesn't matter.

Now, I can totally understand this reasoning if you were bringing in one of the store's cups to do a refill, so that you don't pay full price.

But a cup from another store?

*sighs*

I would have said something else back, but was trying to be polite.  Deep breath, paid, and left without further ado.

I really wonder sometimes about the increasing lack of common sense that some folks have these days.  Then again, it's not really anything new, but it seems more widespread somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment