Sunday, September 11, 2022

9/11/01...Never forget

 Hard to believe today's been 21 years since the al-Qaida attacks.

From someone that was on the periphery of all that had happened, and went through several days of the surreal and heartbreak, experiencing and watching the horror from afar while trying to keep shit together in my little corner of the whole shebang, it still seems like yesterday to me in some ways.

That was the impetus to want to do more to be able to help others, and eventually took me on a journey that wound up where I am today.

To the families of those lost in NYC, Arlington, and Somerset, as well as the families of those who stepped up to the plate to bring America's vengeance on her enemies and made the ultimate sacrifice for our beloved country, I humbly offer my thanks, my remembrance of those we've lost, and the feverent hope that our warriors' sacrifice shall not be in vain.

Call me an optimist, but I do honestly believe that there is still some hope for our country to rise up again and be strong, despite the wishes of others to bring us down.  Should our country be lost, the world will descend into darkness and despair, from which there may be no escape.

May that moment never happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment