Monday, October 3, 2022

Downtime Monday

 After my marathon shifts last week, was time to take things a little easy and address things around the house.  With little help from one of the roommates, got the discone antenna mounted in place of the old DirecTV dish on the outside and the coax ran over to where the entry point will be.

Next phase: install the ground rod and lighting arrestor on the feedline.  I'd put a ticket in to Call 811 so that the various utilities can come mark anything relevant to their lines coming into the house.  Big ones to avoid are the water, sewer, and gas.  My power and cable TV entry points are further away and won't be affected, but I want to make sure before I start hammering an 8 ft ground rod into place.  Just need to wait a few for them to make it out here, so I allowed plenty of lead time.

Will post pics later once I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment