Saturday, November 12, 2022

Some half-baked thoughts on Saturday morning

 So am at work at a convention site this morning, and been idly perusing the blogosphere as well as my usual news sites.

Over at Kenny's blog, he reposted BCE's update on the battle to get his granddaughter back from her beyond loser parental objects.  (These idjits are so bad I cannot call them parents or even people!)  I was able to shake loose some money to send off, but they still need lots more as good legal help isn't cheap, as well as the various sundry expenses on setting up a temporary place to live.  Click here to donate if you are able to do so.

Speaking of Big Country, his original blog got nuked from orbit, so he is back up for the time being at this link.  He's also got another blog here which will be his main site once he gets things ironed out.  I'll be updating his link on the sidebar later today if I'm not too busy.

Meanwhile, Peter and Miss D are enroute to my neck of the woods to attend a convention this coming week.  I wish them safe travels and am hoping we would be able to cross paths, but given their schedule and with mine, it is not very likely.  If it happens, it happens...

And in what seems like another repeat of 2020, it's down to another runoff election in Georgia to determine which party is going to have control of the Senate.  I am somewhat thankful that I never decided to get into politics, otherwise I couldn't really live with myself.  I could go on about that whole mess, but am trying to avoid messing with my brain too much this early in the morning...

As for my personal situation, I am just taking things one day at a time.  With convention season cranking back up again, I hope to be busy and making enough money to get a handle on things.

So, working here, short break, then back at my usual location for the shows tonight.  be around 2300 when I get home, then getting up at 0500 again to cover another event tomorrow.  Oh well, it pays the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment