Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Getting started...

I have often posted various odds and ends on social media sites, but I believe it is time to make the plunge into blogging.  Hell, so I am starting about 15-20 years late, so sue me! ;-)

Why do I refer to myself as a desert rat?  Well, besides the fact that I have lived the majority of my life in the Southwest US, that particular sobriquet was something my dear late mother had pinned on me, and was echoed by my sister.  So I figure if the shoe fits...

So a little more about me.  I am in my early 40's, on the verge of middle age and beginning to reflect some on what my life's journey's have taken me and what is lying ahead.  I am single and not really interested in hooking up formally, but rather to live in sin and enjoy my hedonistic ways...easy to do here in Sin City.

My political views tend to be more towards the libertarian slant, with a mix of conservative liberalism thrown in to add some spice and to piss off the total lib-tards which seem to grow in numbers day by day.  Although not really all too enthused by Ayn Rand and her points of view, it does have some validity which I hope one of these days my fellow citizens would point to when it comes time to go to the polls.

As for religion/spirituality, I was raised in a family which had roots in Baptists, but then went to and was influenced by the Episcopalians some, but after seeing some of the excesses and hypocrisy which most organized religions tend to have in excess, I feel my relation to God and to Jesus can be handled without the middle-man to muddle things.  I honestly believe that if you try to live life to the fullest, follow the Golden Rule, and try your best to be honest and candid in dealing with others, He will make sure of things when the time comes.  And considering that He already had one good chance to call me to His Home, I suspect there's more in the works here on Earth I need to take care of.

I don't expect anyone to really share my beliefs or opinions that I post on here, but it would be amusing to see what occurs when I kick over various anthills and watch what boils up from the depths.

OK now time for bed.  And remember, it's Patriot's Day so take a moment to pause and reflect on what has happened in the last 12 years since that fateful Tuesday morning and honor the memory of those we have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment