Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A little help goes a long way

I was surprised this morning by a message from Anya, the mother of the family that I had mentioned in a previous post thanking me for my contribution to her GoFundMe campaign to get moved.

Here is an excerpt:

Dear Mark, your help is greatly appreciated! $15 might not seem like a lot to many, but to us, it's the world! 
There is an old saying, that says, to save one life, is to save the world complete, the generosity that we have seen from complete strangers, has restored our faith in humanity. 
I gave a man a ride home the other day, when I was short on gas and couldn't really afford to go go the extra 15 miles, but ,I gave him a ride anyway because I was taught to help others, even if there is no gain. 
Some day, if you need help, I pray that we can do the same for you. Your gift is a blessing to us and our daughters! 

It was wonderful to hear from her and was glad I did my little part to play.  As of this morning, her campaign is at just under $600, so hopefully before the week is out the goal will be reached.

I consider this an example of the good side of the butterfly effect, where instead of a single butterfly's wings creating a maelstrom halfway around the world, it creates a nor'easter of good tidings.

So please go by and donate to help Anya and her family reach her goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment