Sunday, September 13, 2015

Some start for my vacation

I spent most of my afternoon and evening at my friend's place trying to get her PC connected online.  She bought a new Dell desktop with Windows 10 on it, plus she replaced her cable modem.  After numerous tries the desktop absolutely refuses to recognize the connection, even though it pulls the correct IP address info.

I've tried flushing DNS cache and the TCP/IP stack, tested the modem with my laptop and verified it is able to get online easily.  The desktop had built-in Wi-Fi, so I turned on the hotspot on my phone and was able to connect and get online with no issues.  So at this point, my friend is gonna take the PC back to where she bought it at and see WTF is happening.

Now I can get my butt to bed and sleep.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment