Friday, January 24, 2014

Settling in

Well, after a week of somewhat hectic activity, I have pretty much settled in to my new apartment.

The good news was that getting DirecTV service moved was a no-brainer.  Each apartment has coax lines home-run to a demarc box on each building, where there is also a separate demarc box for Cox and satellite.  Unfortunately, there was only one line running into my apartment, so it wound up being used for the satellite.  I decided to go with Century Link for my Internet service, which is actually a little cheaper than Cox's service (even with the modem rental it is still almost $20 a month cheaper).  The hardest part now is waiting for them to turn the service on on Monday night.  In the meantime, I am using the tethering feature on my smartphone to get Internet.

One nice thing about this place is that it's all vinyl flooring.  So all I need is a broom and a Swifter floor sweeper and I am GTG.

The biggest pain so far is going through all my financial and other contacts to update my address information.  Hopefully I can get all that done pretty soon.

Not much else for now, back later with updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment