Friday, January 31, 2014

My kingdom for DSL!

Well, it appeared that CenturyLink has totally dropped the ball on getting my DSL service set up.  When it came time for me to set up the modem and go through the activation on Monday night, the thing would not get a signal from the line.  So I got on with tech support, and after a few minutes of troubleshooting they determined a tech needed to be dispatched to investigate.  Since I worked nights Sunday through Wednesday, I asked for Thursday afternoon, where I figured I can still get some other activities done.

After waiting, and waiting...and 1700 came and went, I called the folks back.  And according to the guy with CenturyLink, there was no indication I even called in to report a problem...WTF!?

So now have to hang around home again all day today to wait on the guy.  Oh well, it will allow me to get essential housekeeping done and a start on laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment