Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Got the first part over with

I am happy to report that after much stress and headache, I was able to successfully pass my AEMT skills testing.  Yay me.

Now of course this is only the first step.  Once National Registry validates the test results (which would take about a week), I will get my authorization to test to take the cognitive exam, which is a 135-question computer based test taken at PearsonVUE testing center.  There is one here in Vegas, but there is often a long wait for a spot since they do other testing as well.  If worse comes to worse, I can head down to Bullhead City to their center at the local community college.  Some folks in my class have went up to St. George, UT to do their test to save time.  For now I'll wait and see what comes up.

On the agenda for today: vehicle extrication class starting up today, and will conclude tomorrow.  So I will get to take out my frustrations on a junker vehicle using a Halligan tool and the Jaws of Life 😈

...oh and before I forget, this week is National EMS Week, so take time to thank your friendly neighborhood ambulance or rescue crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment