Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

For those who are truly saints and have had to put up with a lot from your offspring, may this day be a great one for you all.

My own mom has passed on over 5 years ago, but I still think of her every day.

Meanwhile, I attended an event here at Sunrise Hospital for the organization Carry The Load as they currently do a 4,000 mile walk from Seattle, WA to Dallas, TX to commemorate those whom have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, and to put the real meaning back into the Memorial Day holiday.
In addition, me and my fellow first responders and those who are veterans were honored by the chief medical officer of Sunrise with special challenge coins.  That was special and a little humbling to me, but am proud to have been honored in retrospect.



Now I get to tackle cleaning out the refrigerator, fun fun :-)

EDIT 5/18 - some pics from the event:

No comments:

Post a Comment